3. California Consumers. Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects personal information from California consumers to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney; or the agent must provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request and either (i) verify your identity with us or (ii) directly confirm with us that the you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
4. Purpose of Information. We use your personal data to (1) correspond with you, send you information or promotional materials that you have requested through our Site, by email, or telephone request; (2) correspond with third parties such as service providers, legal advisors, auditors, and technology providers and regulatory authorities to comply with any legal obligation imposed on us or in order to pursue our legitimate business interests; (3) maintain our records; and (4) operate the Site and perform the Services, include analyzing your use of our Site.
5. Information collected. We collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of the Services, including, without limitation, any information that may be used to identify an individual such as a first and last name, business details, a phone number, or an email address. The purposes for which we may collect, store, and use personal data about you and our ‘lawful basis’ for processing such data are set out below.
7. Lawful Basis for Processing. Our base for processing your data include (1) our legitimate interests in responding to your inquiry, sending you the information you have requested, or otherwise communicating with you in the course of our business; (2) compliance with applicable legal obligations; (3) our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a proper manner; and (4) our legitimate interests in studying how our Site and Services are used, keeping our Site updated and relevant, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy, and where required by law, to do so or if we reasonably believe that it is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with judicial or regulatory proceedings, a court order, or other legal process.
8. Information Sharing. We do not sell, rent, or lease our user lists or the identity of individual users to third parties. RV Road Fellows does not disclose personal data about its clients to non-affiliated third parties, except as required or permitted by law, for its everyday business purposes (such as to process transactions or service a client account). Under certain circumstances, RV Road Fellows may also disclose Collected Information if we become subject to a subpoena or court order, or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose information. We may also use and disclose Collected Information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms of Usage (the “Terms”), to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person. We share your information with (1) our affiliates or subsidiaries with respect to company performance or for marketing and business development; (2) professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers; and (3) regulators and other service providers.
10. Information Retention. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements and our legitimate interests in maintaining such personal information in our records. In doing this we will have regard to the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements. Generally, we will keep information relevant to our dealings with you for a minimum period of seven years following the last date of activity or longer as required by applicable law or regulation. Once we no longer require your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
11a. How does identity verification work? RV Road Fellows, LLC works with Stripe to conduct identity verification online by conducting the following checks:
Stripe will capture images of the front and back of your government-issued photo ID and review to ensure that the document is authentic. They’ve built an automated identity verification technology that looks for patterns to help determine if an ID document is real or fake. This process is like a bank teller checking your ID document to confirm that it’s real.
11b. Can I get verified using a different method? If you are uncomfortable sharing your biometric data (comparing your face to your ID), contact email@example.com and we can discuss other options.
11c. Who has access to my verification data? Both RV Road Fellows, LLC and Stripe will have access to the information that you submit through the verification flow. We rely on Stripe to help store your verification data and do not store any data on our local or shared devices. Stripe uses access controls and security standards that are at least as stringent as those used to handle their own KYC and payments compliance data. Learn more about how Stripe handles and stores your data.
11d. How can I access or delete my verification data? If you wish to have your verification data removed from Stripe, firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a formal request. We will delete the verification data that Stripe Identity is storing. We do not store your data on any other devices or locations. Learn more about how Stripe is storing and handling your data. While we will respond to your request and delete your information, we also suggest that you email Stripe directly at email@example.com and request the data removal from them since they are also holding verification data as an independent controller.
13. User Choices. When submitting information, corresponding, making requests for information, and otherwise interacting with RV Road Fellows and its representatives through or in connection with the Site, you choose what information to supply or submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and how you may be contacted. You are not required or obliged to share such information and should only share information that you believe is necessary or appropriate. However, please note that our Site may automatically collect certain technical data.
14. User Rights. Where the GDPR applies to the processing of your personal data, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you under certain circumstances. These rights are to (1) request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) and request certain information in relation to its processing; (2) request rectification of your personal data; (3) request the erasure of your personal data; (4) request the restriction of processing of your personal data; (5) object to the processing of your personal data; and (6) request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to exercise one of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or RV Road Fellows LLC, 3640 Wooddale Avenue South #101, Saint Louis Park, MN 55416. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority for data protection issues.
15. User Requirements. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
18. Visiting the Site from Outside the United States. If you are visiting the Site, or any part thereof, from outside of the United States of America, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States as our Site is hosted there. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. Where this is the case, we will put in place appropriate safeguards such as the EEA-approved standard contractual clauses to ensure that your personal data is treated in a manner that is consistent with and respects the EEA laws on data protection.